Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Welcome Baby Spencer

So live has changed around here, and it's definitely for the better. 

On the night of July 13th Tyler and I settled down for bed.  I didn't sleep much because I was having mild contractions.  They got worse over the next few hours and soon enough I woke Tyler up.  I didn't know if this was the real deal or if I'd be able to go to my baby shower the next day down in Bountiful.  We decided to make a trip to the hospital just to be sure.  After checking in and having them monitor me for about an hour they told us we were there to stay.  We were having our baby!

Well the day went on and I progressed.  The epidural was awesome and I didn't need any pitocin to keep things going, it was just a waiting game...  The day was pretty surreal, knowing that that day would be the one we welcome our little man.  I loved watching the sun rise, and all the rain out the windows and then watch the day turn sunny, all the time just waiting.  Tyler and I talked and passed the time with my friend Jalene who came to do a birth story photo shoot for us.

Around 4:40 I started pushing and the doctor came in.  My doctor was off duty so we had another doctor there for my delivery, which ended up working out just fine, I liked her a lot too.  Little man took awhile to come because of his large head, thanks Tyler!  But finally, at 6:07 p.m. on July 14, 2012 our little Spencer Tyler Coy was born.  Weighing in at 8 pounds, 9 ounces and 20.5 inches long.  He was a big little dude for being a week early!

We soaked in those first moments with him and have loved every second since.  Being parents is definitely overwhelming at times and we feel under qualified to raise this little handsome guy, but he is patient with us and helping us learn along the way.  We sure love him and enjoy all the time we have with him.





4 comments:

Spratt said...

Congratulations! This is so exciting! :)

Derrall & Julie in Peru said...

I can't wait to hold him and be "grandpa".

Jamie said...

I loved reading this post! What a wonderful time!

The Gearys said...

Congratulations!! He is such a cutie!!