Sunday, March 1, 2009

Yup, we're still here.

Tyler and I are still alive and doing good. After my amazing internship at RR Donnelley ended I began the job search and was lucky (or should I say blessed) to find a job only a week later. I'm working in the Dean's office in the Business building. I'm an assistant to the secretary of the Dean...so yeah, I'm a peon, but hey, it works. I actually have liked it so far. I guess it's pretty cool that I'm working in the tallest building in Logan on the second to highest floor. What more can you ask for right?

Tyler is still working at the survey place and he says it's okay. I guess it's about as good as a job like that can be. We're both very glad that this semester is passing by so quickly and looking forward for a few days free of homework (and work for me) during Spring Break.

The warm weather is a nice change. It reminds me of last year when we got engaged, so it brings welcomed reminiscent feelings.

We have pretty much grown out of our apartment. I am getting really anxious to move this summer. I tried to take a picture of our apartment to give those of you who haven't seen it an idea of what it's like, but it's hard to get a good perspective because you can't step back far enough to even get a picture of an entire wall. Here's our living room, it's just big enough for a couch. We shuffle the coffee table and banana chair around a lot. Also you can see our kitchen table(s) there. Yup, the TV trays. Our dream is to one day have room for a real kitchen table. Here's a view of our kitchen. That lovely blue linoleum you see on the floor is the same material they used on the counter tops. It actually does give the kitchen quite a bit of personality.
Here's the mysterious foot print that's in the doorway of our bedroom. I think whoever finished the floor got a little excited and walked on it too soon.
There's a peek of our apartment. It actually is adorable and it's been great for us. But it's definitely time for a bigger place real soon!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Wow, congrats on the job, and I love your little place!

Jalene said...

Haha I love it. That's way weird about the footprint. It's like a ghost or something!