Thursday, June 24, 2010

Safety Training

Did you know that June is National Safety Month. Pretty exciting stuff. Today at work we celebrated by having Safety Training. The whole time our HR guy was showing us hand exercises I couldn't help but thing about how much it reminded me of the safety training episode from The Office. Remember the episode where Michael tries to make the office staffs' work sound really life-threatening when in reality there are production people who have serious safety things to worry about, like the deadly bailer.

I have to admit that while I'm sure I could have benefited from the wrist-rolling and finger bending exercises, I got more caught up in the thought that the company I work for is kind of like Dunder Mifflin. They sell paper, and now printers. We print things on huge printers. Dunder Mifflin has an office staff and production staff. So do we. And most importantly, Dunder Mifflin and RR Donnelley both share a deep-routed respect for safety. It's important stuff.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

bahaha! I am watching the office as I read your blog and it really made me laugh!

Luke & Natalie said...

I do love that episode. Watch out for those deadly paper cuts